Sacramento Probate Litigation Lawyer Resolving Probate Issues for Clients
Losing a loved one brings many challenges, including deep feelings of loss and sorrow. Another difficult part of the death of a friend or family member is administering their estate. In California, this usually means going through the probate process.
Probate in Sacramento can be complex and often results in problems that require litigation. Some of these issues are disputes among beneficiaries, will contests when the testator was deemed of unsound mind or under undue influence, and dishonesty on the executor’s part.
If you have any concerns about how your loved one’s estate is handled during probate, you can contact our talented legal team. We will help you determine whether legal action is needed and will stand by your side throughout the litigation process. Call us today to get started on your case at 916-894-8790.
What Are Some Common Issues People Face During Probate in Sacramento?
California probate is a complicated process that involves many steps, including inventorying the decedent’s estate, paying off creditors, distributing inheritances to beneficiaries, and handling estate taxes. Each of these steps includes the possibility of mistakes or dishonesty that could lead to litigation.
Some common issues that could come up during Sacramento probate are:
- Beneficiaries disagree with how the inheritance is distributed
- Executors being accused of dishonesty or acting in their own interest
- Assets inventoried incorrectly
- Wills and trusts being contested because the testator was not of sound mind, not of legal age, or was acting under undue influence
- Creditors and taxes not being paid in the appropriate amounts
- Trustees being accused of breaching their fiduciary duty
- Disputes occur over who gets guardianship of minor children
How Long Does Probate Litigation Take?
The probate process varies depending on the size of the deceased person’s estate and other issues such as contests to the will or disputes over how the estate is distributed. It’s important to lodge an original will with the Court if you have possession of it, as soon as possible. We also recommend filing the petition for probate as soon as you can so that the steps to complete probate can be initiated and the family can begin to move forward.
Once litigation has begun, filing each petition and providing evidence promptly is critical to avoid delays. Your probate litigation lawyer is an excellent resource to help ensure the process goes smoothly and that all the paperwork is filed on time. The final process may take over a year, depending on the complexity of your case.
For questions about your unique situation, reach out to our law firm right away.
What Are the Duties of a Probate Litigation Lawyer?
A probate litigation lawyer is an excellent ally when you are facing the problematic scenario of bringing legal action following the death of a loved one. They will stand by your side as you navigate this complex procedure, ensuring all the proper paperwork is filed to prevent your case from being delayed or dismissed. However, litigation lawyers do much more than fill out paperwork.
Some of the duties of a probate litigation lawyer include:
- Offering legal counsel on whether to pursue litigation
- Validifying a will or trust
- Investigating the details behind suspicious actions on the part of an executor or trustee
- Pursuing solutions through mediation to avoid the courts as much as possible
- Conducting a thorough inventory of the deceased person’s estate
- Handling taxes and payment of creditors during probate
- Resolving disputes among beneficiaries
- Aggressively defending your rights in court if necessary
Should You Hire Our Probate Litigation Attorney?
Dealing with the death of a loved one is always difficult. Bearing the burden of administering the person’s estate only adds stress and heartache at this already challenging time. If you need help administering an estate to avoid legal repercussions or suspect legal action is necessary because of improper estate administration on your loved one’s behalf, you need excellent legal counsel and representation.
At Yonano Law Offices, P.C., we understand the complicated emotions and complex legal proceedings you are facing. We have helped many clients like you find solutions even in the most challenging circumstances. We promise to use our knowledge and experience to seek positive results in your probate litigation needs.
Call us right away to discuss your concerns regarding probate at 916-894-8790.