El Dorado Hills Trust Contest Attorney
Representation in Disputed Trust Administration Proceedings in Sacramento
A trust contest or dispute is when an heir or beneficiary seeks to formally change the terms of an inheritance, bequest, or gift that is stated in their loved one’s trust after that person has passed away. A beneficiary or trustee may need to retain the assistance of an attorney for a number of reasons, and litigating a disagreement or contest may be one of them.
At Yonano Law Offices, P.C., we are proud to offer experienced representation in trust and probate legal services to clients throughout Northern California. We assist clients in El Dorado County, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, and Roseville.
Yonano Law Offices, P.C. can help those facing the following situations:
- Legal actions to remove the trustee from his or her position of power
- Questions regarding the actions of the trustee
- Complications regarding fiduciary duty
- Questions regarding the validity of the trust
- Questions regarding actions from the trustee that have negatively affected beneficiaries
How to Contest a Trust in California
If you are a beneficiary who needs to contest a trust, it is best to first consult with an experienced attorney for trust contests. Our team can help examine the unique facts of your case and weigh the financial and emotional impacts of contesting the trust.
Should you decide to pursue the contest, the next step would be to file a petition in the county where the trust administration is taking place. The involved trustee will send you "Notice of Irrevocability" which lays out the deadlines for filing your contest.
Afterwards, our team can work to investigate all information and witnesses pertinent to the contest. We will gather all evidence needed to prove your claim for a trust contest.
Winning a contest generally requires an individual to prove either:
- There was undue influence by another party, and this party then benefitted from that influence
- The person who drafted the trust lacked legal mental capacity or was not in their right mind when they signed their trust
- There was fraud in procuring the trust documents
Retain Yonano Law Offices, P.C. Today
Every case is different, and you may be facing unique complications. With the assistance of our attorney, you could see a favorable settlement or resolution to your situation. If you are questioning any portion of a trust, or if you are interested in filing a lawsuit or removing an individual from his or her trustee duties, work with Yonano Law Offices, P.C. today.